
It has officially been a week since I've been in Colorado--my new "home". But, it has only been 4 full days since I've seen my parents. I'm okay with this right now, but i presume that it will only get harder for the next couple of weeks. I mean, I just started my first load of laundry here...I have never done laundry in a different machine, so I was kinda lost starting it. Hopefully, though, it turns out ok! If not, I'll just resort to washing my laundry in the little lake/reservoir I live by. I'm sure everyone in the area would be ok with that.Haha, right.
Living in town in something completely new to me. The noises are different when I'm trying to sleep. It's also verrrry warm in Colorado, and I have to keep my window open during the night--weird. I like it though.
My "full" size bed still seems smaller, but I guess I can't argue with my mom: the sheets need to fit; therefore, it has to be a normal full size. And my laptop: it's great to have a computer handy 24/7. Kind of. It frustrates me so easily, because I have to type with a greater force than I wish in order for it to get all of the letters in my words! Lame. And the internet is crazy. I believe it's my computer that's just going nuts though.
It's not the most fun thing when all I've been doing the past 4 days is sit in my room on my laptop. Ugh. I need to just get up the nerve to ask my roommates to hang out..when they're here, that is. :( I just sit in my room thinking about how much I miss everyone in MN. I haven't seen one of my best friends for 2 weeks now! Growing up half sucks--only half, because I like where I'm and what lies ahead. I just need things to get going...
A job will definitey help get things going. I applied to 9 places, and had interviews at 2:Sports Authority & Super Target. And tomorrow, I have yet another interview at Outback Steakhouse! I already got the job offered to me at Sports Authority. I'm pretty sure I'm hired at Target, because I was asked to come back Monday. And I like to believe that I'll get the job at Outback. They all present generous job offers, so it will have to be up to me!I dont know how to decline a job--that's what I worry about!(Kinda nice to have choices, though). There's also another potential possibility; one that's very tempting to accept. I walked into a place called The Smiling Moose a couple days ago--it's a deli. I asked to apply, and the guy had me apply right then&there. I got up to give him the application, and he invited me to sit back down at a table with him. He looked the application over and was very amused right off the bat. He told me he has a son that's playing for the Express Junior A hockey team in Owatonna, MN!!! He started naming some Owatonna people, and even told me I was going to miss THE fair(thanks, I already knew that! :( ). He was like, I wish we were hiring, because Owatonna people are just as honest as they come! But, they might be hiring this upcoming week, he told me. For some reason, I'm really interested in working there now! But I will eventually have to choose whats going to be best for me.
And school..that starts semi-soon.Yay. I need to get my books.
I guess that's all for tonight. I think a lot about my family and miss them just as dearly as my friends. (For Amanda, this means I miss her double, being a friend&family).
Congrats on your big adventure! You'll be amazed at the people you run into.... O-Town is quite the little hot spot; if we can just get Geoff to see that. Haha!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the blog, Nikki. Its a great way for us to follow your adventure!
love ya!
*big cuz
Hey Nikki! Enjoyed your first posting. You will be missed around here just as much as you miss everyone. This is a very big point in your life girl! Enjoy it, take it all in.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your job choices. If you should happen to see Jake Sloat, say HI to him for us and tell him we're anxiously awaiting his return back in O-town along with all the other hockey boys. What a small world it is, huh?
Well, Nikki, keep up the postings. We look forward to reading more as your time in Colorado moves on. Have fun, take care and God bless.
Love you,
Aunt Kathy
Nikki - Yes, Colorado is beautiful, but you will get home sick for the first couple of months... once things start to fall into place, you will be happy with where you are at! My expereince moving away from home is quite different than mine, but what you need to do is focus & stay the course with school. Its a competitive world right now, and you need to set yourself up for the best... in whatever you decide to do. Stay focused and good things will happen, but always make sure you have fun at the same time
ReplyDelete- Geoff
Hi from Owatonna,Minnesota. We have been praying for you that your tansition is going well. Enjoy each adventure, each 1st step just as toddlers do. Just remeber God has a plan in all this and take him every where you go.
ReplyDeleteYou might even see these two people show up one day.
Aunt Vicky and Uncle LeRoy
yupp...
ReplyDeletei think everyone said things well.. ha
i do love you and miss you nikki
love your sis.